ISAAC Open Source Manifesto
Innovation thrives through Open Source Software. It gives us freedom to share our knowledge. It promotes stability and security through transparency, gives us the ability to create virtually anything that computers can do.
Today, the foundation of the entire modern economy is maintained by passionate developers who care and who are eager to share their solutions with others. It is maintained by people ranging from hobbyists, to individual professionals and large enterprises that know their investments count.
We at ISAAC believe that a passion for open source, open standards and contributing to ‘the community’ is a valuable part of a modern-day developer’s life. Such implicit passion keeps us motivated on a daily basis. It helps us find the best solution for a ‘.complex’ problem. That's why ISAAC wants to give back to the community wherever our work makes sense to a broader audience than just the project at hand. If we can fix a bug, help with new common features or even create solutions for the community, we encourage our ISAACi to raise their hand and ask for the necessary resources.
We want to help the community, invest in personal growth of developers and continuously improve open source software so that we all can get things done more efficiently and create real value for each other.
Each of our core values is applicable to how we at ISAAC support with Open Source Software.
- Help each other
- Be positive, be kind, be honest.
- Support the community with contributions.
- Invest in personal growth
- Transparency creates the ability to gain knowledge. Sharing is learning.
- We give insight in to .complex solutions and learn to cooperate.
- We continuously improve
- We improve stability by being an extra set of eyes.
- Our ISO certification enables awareness around software and security.
- We get things done
- From bug fixes to feature ideas over worked out pull requests to documentation additions, we support and deliver.
- We create real value
- Our clients and value for them comes first. But we broaden our view and create community value wherever this makes sense.
- We believe that a healthy ecosystem is important for the sustainability of open source for all.