The importance of a good user experience (UX) design, goes beyond just graphic design. Regarding online platforms, UX design is not so much about what the front-end should look like, but mainly about how online services (should) work; obviously always keeping the latest trends in the field of UX design in mind.
Online services and the importance of design
With the level of complexity in online services increasing, synchronously a good UX design becomes more important. The most important advantages:
- A good UX design meets users' expectations and offers a pleasant online experience
- UX designs posses distinctive capacities. A good design, in looks as well as in performance, increases recognizably and trust with your (potential) customers
- Design is inseparable from innovation. Whether it concerns 'design-thinking' or pictures in your online environment; it offers opportunities to commercial succes.
The difference between usability, UI- and UX design
Usability, User Interaction- en UX design are often confused with one another. A short explication:
- Usability: can you platform be used without any problems? Can your users easily find the content they are looking for and not get lost?
- User Interaction (UI) design is about user-friendly interaction and interfaces. UI-designs focus on user-flows, which steps users need to take in order to find their way in your online platform.
- User Experience (UX) design is about user-experience as a whole. Does your user really experience a surplus value in your online environment?
ISAAC is a UX- and UI design specialist and has a most experienced concept and design team.